Full-Stack Engineer - NYC or Remote (US)
Alpha is a venture-backed and growth-stage company based in New York, NY whose on-demand insights platform empowers clients to rapidly validate growth opportunities. Our clients use Alpha to accelerate experimentation, inform business decisions with customer wants and needs, deliver and scale agile research capabilities, and develop better products faster. By integrating traditionally manual tasks like audience sourcing, concept designing, test scripting, and data reporting, the platform accelerates time-to-insight from months to hours. In short, we’re the fastest way for organizations to learn more about their future customers.
We’re looking for engineers who are curious about product development and consumer behavior, want to work on related challenges, and value opportunities to explore new technologies that execute against a robust, collaborative product vision. We use Ruby, NodeJS, VueJS, Postgres, Mongo, Redis and many other technologies, but we don't think it matters if you've used similar technologies on a different stack. Our engineering teams tackle a diverse and evolving array of challenges; from architecting and scaling our microservices to handling real- time video and using machine learning and natural language processing to empower real world business solutions. This position is full-time and on-site at our NYC (SoHo) office or full-time and remote (within the US), though remote engineers may be asked to visit NYC occasionally.
- Joining a quickly growing, diverse team of engineers in building solutions to some of the most common challenges facing businesses today.
- Building purposeful end-to-end solutions that put yourself in the shoes of our users.
- Working with a wide range of platforms and technologies to own and solve problems.
- Collaborating with experts across our organization to design platform features with an eye toward usability and simplicity.
- Continuously integrating feedback from users into new products and features.
- Providing feedback to the team in an effort to discover and shape best practices.
- 2+ years of experience working in fast-paced environment.
- Significant experience building MVC and/or state-driven UIs, preferably with Vue.js or React, and have a productive relationship with CSS
- Professional experience with some database technology such as SQL or Mongo.
- Desire to make a huge impact at a growing startup in NYC serving some of the largest and most influential brands in the world.
- You can work well both independently and with a team, and have strong communication skills.
- You enjoy venturing outside your comfort zone and experimenting with new technologies.
- Nice if you have experience in: Python (Flask, SpaCy), SVG and Canvas, WebRTC , Web Sockets, Heroku, AWS (S3, Elastic Transcoder, Others), Electron
- Robust health benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Open vacation policy
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive salary and equity
- Deep access to the NYC startup community and Fortune 500s
- Weekly team lunches and a diverse, friendly culture
- Autonomy and room to grow as a professional